Monday, April 19, 2010

School Daze Dialectic Journal

Quote: " Test scores are lousy. The schools don't prepare people for jobs. The schools don't prepare the people to have a good life. I suppose some people would say that the schools should give us some survival value. we should be able to be successful when we graduate." 


___________________________________________________________________


Response: The thing that strikes me about this passage is that kind of true but then if then if you actually think about it schools do in a way help you get ready for the future.But when it comes to the survival they don't teach us about any of that they may just ask us like usual " what would you take to a deserted island ?" Julie is right we should be able to be successful when we graduate so we could feel confident when we go out in the world on our own by ourselves. I found this quote very interesting because I  agree with with it 100 %

2 comments:

  1. Remember spaces are key, kind of forgot some when you typed your response. also needs commas, just so the response "flows" a bit more. also say why you agree cause i don't think you explained it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn! I agree with your blog but not 100%. I think that they do prepare us for SOME things in life but not ALL of the stuff that we need to know. I do like your view on it though, it's very interesting, it makes me think my opinion all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete